Wednesday 3 July 2013

What's in a name?

My first attempt at a mandala and I am already hooks - such a lovely way to create a design.  Here is how it is going so far.......

 Pencil drawing

 All inked up and ready to add colour.

 I used these colours on Funky the Owl and was really happy with them.  Plus I promised myself no purple or pink on this one - just for a change.

 Then a lovely lady suggested the yellow - and it worked so well, I decided to name the Mandala after her - thank you Sonya :)

 Each 'colour' has three layers of colour to give it depth and vibrancy.

 All colouring finished.

And now it is all about adding the details....which is what I am still doing now - stay tuned :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...