Thursday 18 July 2013

Reorganisation

Every eight months or so I get the urge to reorganise the most important area of the house.  And as much as I try to suppress that urge, inevitably I find myself knee deep in stuff -  with garbage bags, cleaning products and a bigger mess than what I started with.  So what is the most important area of the house?  Certainly not the kitchen (the heart of the home)  Nor it is the lounge room (where we all congregate as a family most nights)  Nope, to me, the most important place in the house is my work area.  It is were I can let my imagination run wild, where I can loose myself for hours with pencils, paper, polymer etc.  And I know it sounds bad - but it also the one place in our home where the kids don't go :)

I find that taking before and after pics encourages me to continue and to get the job done.  I also find it less daunting if I just focus on one area at a time.  And as strange as it sounds, this time I am organising things into specific craft areas.  I am putting all of the jewellery making stuff together, all of the paper together etc - logical, I know.  But it is a first for me :)

Here are the first two areas I have finished

 Bookcase: I love boxes and as long as I remember to put labels on them, I know what is where.  This is mainly my odds and sods storage area.  As well as beads it also contains my soap making ingredients, ribbons, scrapbooking embellishments and books.


Little Blue Shelves:  I have had these for years.  I think they were originally used as storage for tools in a railway workshop. I added contact to the bottom, painted them and then filled them with junk  interesting things.  The before shot has paper, beads, little canvases, ribbon, templates etc etc.  The after pic has only jewellery making supplies.  I made all of the little boxes out of scrapbooking paper.  The owl print on top of the shelves is by Karin Taylor - love her work

I plan on getting more done or all finished this weekend - stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...