Friday 10 May 2013

Doodle Bird Panel

A couple of posts ago I did a mini tutorial on how I draw my owl eyes.  What I ended up with was a half finished owl eye on an A4 sheet of paper, so obviously, instead of continuing on and drawing the rest of the owl (I had just finished 5 owls) I decided to try something a bit different........and so began the Doodle Bird Panel.  

It took me about 2 weeks and around 40 hours to complete and although at some stages I doubted I would ever get it finished, I really, really enjoyed doing it and can't wait to start another one (yes, I am a glutton for punishment)  It is so packed full of details and patterns, that it never got boring and even now I still enjoy looking at it.  Here is how it progressed.



I also really enjoyed adding some collage pieces into the design - something new for me.

And here is the finished image.  



Prints are available for sale on my facebook page

  
And t-shirts are available through Redbubble.

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with your bird doodle I have been playing around with doodles also-love doing them keep it up LOVE YOUR WORK RUTH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...