Wednesday 17 April 2013

Owl Eyes

I am in the process of doing another owl drawing and this one has 5 owls on it.  After posting work in progress pics on facebook a couple of people asked how I did the eyes on the owls.


I thought rather than trying to explain it, I would show you with pictures - I am a visual person after all!!! 


These are the templates and pens I use.  From memory the orange template came from a scapbooking shop years ago and the clear one came from Officeworks.  It is great for smaller details.




I firstly trace two circles, using the pen, directly onto the paper.


Then the fun part....I add the patterns and details freehand.


I trace another smaller circle inside the first two...


........and again, add the detail.

And so it goes on until the eye is finished.  Then I do the other eye.  Obviously a steady hand, a good eye (excuse the pun), lots of patience, and some practice help. 

Now if you will excuse me, I am off to finish this eye and start on the other one....or mabye I wont turn it into an owl..........oh the possibilities :)  

1 comment:

  1. Love this Karen I can get lost in the lots of details you make!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...