Thursday 21 March 2013

Basket case

If you remember my last post here I was saying that I needed to finish one crochet project before starting another one....well, that DID'NT happen.  I have now done 7 granny squares of my jumper, but I just had to have a go at making a crochet basket.  Here is my first one, it needs a bit of tweaking, so I am calling this my prototype.  It was fun to make, so there are bound to be more :)

 I started with 8ply wool and a size 3 hook.  The base is done in double crochet and I just went round and round, with no seams.

 Then I went round and round, to build up the sides, again, no seams or joining rows.

When I was happy with the hight, I finished off and folded the edge over.

I am thinking of doing a bigger one next, and possibly adding a handmade polymer clay button to dress it up :)

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...