Wednesday 2 January 2013

Black Bird

Once I had finished my Christmas orders I put the colour pencils down for a while and reverted back to black on white.  I though about some simple designs that don't to hours to do, just for the fun of it......but with all things I do lately I got caught up in the detail and how much of it I could fit into each drawing.  I must say that I am really happy with the results and my brain is just buzzing with where I can take it from here... 

 

This was the first drawing that stated out so simple and then took on a life of its own.


 And then of course, because I enjoyed making the first one so much I just had to keep going.  This is the start of the second bird I did.  I really like the tail on this one. 


Once the outlines were done it was the onto all of the details in the flowers.  I used a 0.2 fine line marker.

The bird's body is a series of dashes and the wing is a multi layered flower.


And this is the finished LOVE BIRD.  I am hoping to have it available on a t-shirt in the not too distant future.  I am thinking maybe flowered elephants next...any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I cant find the new heart, where have you tucked it> lol .. I would love a simplified version of both dreamtime and lovebirds, and the blackbird is fantastic to.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...