Saturday 22 December 2012

I was just doodling......honest!!!

With all of the orders out of the way and all of Christmas organised, I thought I would treat myself and just sit for a while and doodle - as per usual,my doodle had a life of its own and ended up an A4 size image that I was really happy with.


I really enjoyed adding all of the patterns inside the outlines so thought I would do another one.  Here is how it progressed.


The first step is to get the idea out of my head and onto paper.  I used a compass to make the outline of the design and then filled it in with flowers, leaves, swirls and the bird. 


I use fine line markers to go over the pencil design and then rub the pencil lines out.  Then the fun begins as I add the details and patterns.  For some reason, I always do the leaves first and the large flowers last.


Until I actually put pen to paper I don't have a specific idea of what patterns are going to work where, I just go with the flow.


And this is the finished work.  I think it would work well as a print or even an image on a T-shirt. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...