Friday 10 August 2012

Accordion Book

Somebody mentioned on Sugarbird's facebook page the other day that they would love to see how I make my Accordion books (hi Noemi) So I thought I would share how I made one of my latest ones.  I am still having great fun with the white pigment ink, but think after this weekend I will move on to other things.  It has just about run its course........for now.


Firstly, I cut two strips of card stock and lightly marked where the folds would be, in pencil.  Then I glued the light green and brown discs into place, making sure to place them away from where the folds would be.  Then I decorated the discs and started the freehand flower drawing (my favourite part)


Notice that I didn't draw near the edges where the two strips join.  Once they were joined and the accordion folds were made I then completed the drawing so the images look seamless.


The final steps were to add the text in the brown discs, the ribbon to the back cover and then a front and back cover piece. All attachments were done with double sided tape.


And there you have it.  One completely handmade, one of a kind, original little accordion book, which will be shuffling over to Sugarbird's facebook shop in the next couple of days :) 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work, its absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely work Karen and a good job on the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so beautiful - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Karen !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...