Tuesday 22 May 2012

Tag....you're it!!

Flowers, flowers, flowers......I LOVE drawing my made up flowers - it would be fun to actually see them growing in the garden.  But for now these ones are growing on gift tags.


First up, I draw the flowers onto the scrapbooking paper and add all of the swirls, lines and dots.  


Then with small sharp scissors I cut out the flowers, arrange them on the gift tag and see if they look as good in real life as they did as an idea in my head.
The layout for these looked OK but I thought the brown background looked a bit plain.  So I got out my trusty white marker and detailed it up a bit.


And this is the end result.   I enjoyed making these so much that I think I will do some more in other colours.....the world can never have enough gift tags :)

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love that you used a patterned paper as your starting to point to give a subtle colour variation in the flowers!

    Found you over at IBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the input. Thought I would try to get my work out there and IBOT seemed like a good start - it worked!!

      Delete
  2. They are just beautiful Karen, just like all your work. You never fail to amaze mexxLeah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right back at you lovely - your latest blog posts inspired the colours xxx

      Delete
  3. These are just gorgeous! I can't believe you drew them! You have a real talent.

    Thanks so much for linking up this week; I don't usuall take this long to get around and comment, but I've been insanely busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jess
      thank you :) IBOT is a brilliant idea.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments. They are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...